Can I get help with the funeral costs?
Help with funeral costs
You may get Bereavement Allowance if all the following apply:
- Your husband, wife or civil partner died before 6 April 2017
- You were 45 or over when your husband, wife or civil partner died
- You’re under State Pension age
- Your late husband, wife or civil partner paid National Insurance contributions, or they died as a result of an industrial accident or disease
- If your spouse or civil partner died on or after 6 April 2017 you may be eligible for Bereavement Support Payment instead.
Help may be available if:
If you or your partner are receiving Income Support
Or Tax Credits or certain other Benefits, then you may be eligible for a Funeral Payment.
The DirectGov website explains eligibility, what you could get and how you can apply.
Full details and the online application form at the DirectGov website here:Find Out More
Please get in touch - we're here to help
Crook 01388 765 069
Willington 01388 747 747
Durham 0191 377 8065